Sunday, July 10, 2011

My First Road Trip/Sun River Trial Run

My Sweet Limo
One of my Daddio's favorite summer activities is the annual Fort Flagler camping trip. I'm only a baby and nobody in their right mind would camp with an 11 day old, so we decided to go for a day trip (Now 5 weeks old is a different story... cough-cough... Kingsbury Family reunion...)

We stopped on our journey at Kitsap Memorial State Park so my parent's could show me where they got married! I thought it was dreamy.

Bryce and the Connot's Portable Turtle Sprayground
We made it to the Wagon Wheel Group Camp area by 1:30. Pretty impressive for some amateurs, eh? We just missed the Patriotic Parade and the group softball game, but that was ok with us. We will be ready to play next year!

We spent the day lounging, eating, napping, playing Pik-Nik Pong, playing in G-Pa's portable sandbox, throwing the football, and playing with my super cool Big Cousin Bryce. The big group dinner is always a highlight too. All 45+ campers make campfire stew and cook around the center fire pit. My Daddio's Godfather Tor is always in charge of getting the briquets ready. Of course, I still only get milk...

I had a great time with Auntie Cory, Cousin Bryce, Grandpa and Grandma, and lots of my new friends!

G-Ma and G-Pa always do so much for me and the rest of my posse! We could not have had such a wonderful first road trip without them!

The Sleep Chalet

Ranger Tor

Have Sandbox Will Travel

Super-Sized Campfire Stew

Brycie-ball

My Sweet Moms

Three Generations of Kingsburys

A bundled up Auntie Cory with an Itsy bitsy
The center of the Wagon Wheel Campground

Super Grandma!
Ranger Bryce On Duty!

No comments:

Post a Comment