Sunday, November 6, 2011

Great-Grandpa John Wesley Gibbs

My Great-Grandpa Gibbs was an avid skier and hiker (with 36 fourteeners under his belt) with a great heart, who left a wonderful legacy that included four children and their spouses, fourteen grandchildren & four spouses, and six great-grandkids (and one more on the way)!

Almost the whole family (we missed the rest of Uncle Wes' family!) gathered in Denver and Estes Park to remember and celebrate my Great-Grandpa on a very snowy day that he would have loved. There were many great stories told, memories re-lived and passed on, snowball fights, laughter, and tears. 

I was so lucky to have gotten to visit Great-Grandpa a few weeks ago. He will be missed, but always remembered. His legacy will live on through me and all of our families. 

Follow link below for online tribute:


Thanks, Aunt Susan Marie, for letting us use some of your wonderful pictures below.

Navy Rep
Full Military Honors
JW Gibbs Burial Service
Great-Grandpa's Flag Presented to Uncle Johnny

I missed part of the burial because I was too cold :(

717 Humboldt - Built by my Great-Great-Grandpa and where my Great-Grandpa was born and passed away

No comments:

Post a Comment